We have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Technical Services Engineer to join an exciting IT Managed Services business.
Our clients market leading Cloud SaaS solutions help businesses fluidly link their legacy software platforms and convert them into efficient and productive communicating platforms.
Main Role Responsibilities:
As Cloud Technical Services Engineer you will support a cloud managed services contract in its implementation phase building MS Azure cloud solution. Here you will be delivering solutions using a proactive event management framework, self-service provisioning of compute and storage resources and automation / orchestration of activities.
The work requires migration of applications to the cloud environment and the establishing the ongoing management service. Your Technical capabilities will be put to the test, an Engineer at Level 3 or equivalent will be suited.
Responsibilities will include handover of service from deployment, to seamless transition to support. The journey will the look to deliver a proactive hosting managed service, improving processes as the service matures. From there you will support the ongoing service migration project to the public cloud.
Further responsibilities would show:-
• Management of data centre and MS Azure environments including patching, backup management and proactive maintenance
• Capacity, availability and performance management for application environments
• Provisioning of VM and Azure environments
• Building out an Event Management framework inc alert automation and remediation
• Developing the service catalogue for hosting services e.g. resource provisioning
• Identifying potential activities for orchestration and working with other teams to implement
• Population of knowledge base with run books, operational procedures and how-to’s
• Developing, supporting and mentoring team members
• Must be willing to support the client on an on-call rota basis 24x7x365
The above gives a strong indication to the expected role but may include other relate tasks
Skills and qualities required.
• Advanced configuration, troubleshooting and resolution across enterprise platform technologies including:
o Private Cloud – VMware, Commvault or equivalent compute and storage technologies. Cisco data centre networking. Fortinet network security.
o Public Cloud – Microsoft Azure including resource provisioning and management.
o Microsoft ExpressRoute.
o Backup – Veeam. Azure backup.
o Discovery, Orchestration and Event Management.
o Cloud management – Cloud resource and service provisioning.
o Service Management – experience of working within Change and Release frameworks.
Skills & qualities desired
• Knowledge of public / private cloud architecture and design principles
• IaaS / PaaS / SaaS
• Azure Automation
• Azure Identity
• Azure Security & Networking
• Developing ARM templates
• Azure SQL, DB, SQL Data Warehouse
• Active Directory Services
• Azure App Services, App Service Environments (ASE)
• Azure Readiness Assessment toolset
• Azure Back Up
• Azure Migrate
• Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) from Microsoft
• Azure Security Centre
Working on a shift pattern of: – 37.5 Hour week (Monday – Friday)
Internal Relationships: All production operatives and Production Manager
• Microsoft, Citrix, Hyper-V, Commvault or other relevant certifications
• A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills
• Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care
• Good communication, organisation, and presentation skills
• Strong time management and coordination skills
• A full driving license – preferably clean, however consideration will be given to people with low number of points
Salary, Benefits and Hours:
• Start salary is £40,000pa dependent on skills and experience
• 21 Days plus bank holidays
If you feel this role describes you then please apply today to find out more or, arrange a confidential discussion with one of our consultants.